ORC Week 6 – Garage Reveal Delayed

It’s the sixth and final week of the One Room Challenge, which means it’s reveal day! Did you see the official participants finished rooms yesterday? If not, check them out here. You can also see all of the linking participants finished room here. I’m so excited to go through all of them! There were some amazing projects going on this round.

Unfortunately I don’t have a completed garage to share with you all today. Our entire makeover got derailed due to shipping delays. As I mentioned last week, the epoxy kits for our floors were damaged in shipping. After some drama with that order, I reordered from another store. The kits arrived on Monday and one of them was damaged, so I returned that one and ordered another kit. The second kit is supposed to be here tomorrow, so we should be able to finish the floors this weekend. Please send good vibes our way for tomorrow’s delivery. If another kit gets damaged, I’m seriously going to lose it.

Anyway, let’s focus on the positives and talk about the progress that we’ve made over the past six weeks. This is what our garage looked like when we started this project.

It was a serious mess so we spent the first couple weeks cleaning it out. We painted the walls a fresh coat of white and painted the door red to match our front door. We also moved everything out of the garage in preparation for our DIY epoxy floors. So, this is where we are at today – a freshly painted, empty garage (ignore the streaky door - it's just the lighting). 

I created a little entry area by the door to the laundry room. As you can see, it was a total mess before, but now we have a place to hang jackets, leashes and reusable shopping bags. I’m debating adding another hook, but they only come in sets of 3 so I’m not sure if it’s worth it. I’m not 100% sure on the rug and I’ll probably add some art above the hooks, but this area is pretty much done besides that.

Although it’s not noticeable in pictures, we also updated the lighting. We had an electrician replace the single bulb that was hanging before and add two additional lights. It’s so nice to have the extra light in here now. I also replaced the beige switch and outlets with new white ones.

That’s really as far as we were able to get on this project without finished floors. So just imagine gray speckled epoxy floors, a workbench and pegboard on the left side, and storage on the right – with enough room for both of us to park our cars. It’s going to look so good! I’ll add a floor update to this post when they’re done…hopefully this weekend! 

I want to thank Linda for hosting the One Room Challenge. Although we didn’t finish, we’ve made so much more progress than we would have without the challenge. Let’s be honest, the garage would still look like the before pictures and I’d still be parking outside. Even though the challenge is over, we’re going to keep working on the garage, so hopefully I’ll have an actual reveal soon!

*Update 6/13/17: The floors are done! Read all about them here




  1. That is such a bummer your reveal is delayed! I hope you can finish ASAP! :)

  2. It really does look great! I totally love it. I think having the red door is a fun thing and will make it an extra special thing to come home to. Which is simply awesome. I love how you can set goals for yourself and keep going!


Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.