The door that goes from the garage to the laundry got a fresh, bright coat of red paint (actually like 4 coats). I painted our front door red over four years ago and still love it, so I decided to stick with that color (Geranium by Behr). I still had leftover paint from the front door so this project didn’t cost me a dime!
As I just mentioned, our biggest project is happening this weekend – we’re redoing the garage floors! We’ve been doing a lot of research about applying epoxy and we’re getting nervous about the amount of work we have ahead of ourselves. I feel like some of the tutorials I’ve read previously didn’t make it sound like a very hard project, but they definitely downplayed the amount of prep work that’s required. I also feel like they don’t truly mention how expensive it is…I’ll do a full budget breakdown next week, but it’s definitely in the $300-$400 range. Obviously that’s a lot cheaper than hiring someone, but it’s still a decent chunk of change. OK, rant over. Anyway, wish us luck!
Completely unrelated, but not really because it explains where our extra time is going – we got another foster dog. Her name is Jelly (short for Angelica) and we’ll have her for a month. We’re fostering through the same rescue and same transport program as we did for Lilly and Macey. It’s still early, but so far she's getting along with Ringo and Abby and things are going well so we're cautiously optimistic.
Don’t forget to check out the official One Room Challenge participants here and the guest participants here! I’m seriously getting so excited to see how the other rooms turn out!