OK, let’s take a quick look back at what I started with. When I bought the house the bathroom was painted a horrible green color, the toilet didn’t flush, no toilet paper holder, towel bar or baseboards, and one of the drawers was missing from the vanity. This is the only picture I have the bathroom before we started working on it. You can see more before pictures here.
We fixed/replaced all of the broken and missing items (except for the drawer) over the past few years, but the room was still in need of some serious work. I had planned to start the makeover last summer, but that didn’t happen, so this room ended up being the perfect room for the One Room Challenge. And after six hard weeks, here’s how the bathroom looks now:
I still can’t believe how much better the vanity looks with a fresh coat of paint and replacement drawer. I’m still debating if I should add a pull to the false drawer front in the middle. I’m thinking yes…(*Update 11/13/14* - I added a pull to the middle "drawer")
I also love the new shower curtain, towels and artwork. I had a hard time finding a picture for this room, so I ended up painting this myself. It tested my (limited) artistic abilities and patience, but it turned out pretty well.
I still need to caulk around the shower, but I ran out of time and that was the first project to get cut. I also want to add a few more accessories, but I haven’t been able to find exactly what I’m looking for yet. Someday I’d like to re-hang the door to open out into the bedroom so the bathroom isn’t so cramped, but other than that, this room is officially done. I’m still pulling together all of my receipts, so I’ll share a full source list and budget breakdown next week. (*Update 11/13/14* - source list and budget breakdown here)